Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Make Your Own Baby Wipes!

This project came from this pin!


As a new mommy, you can imagine how excited I was when I found a pin that said, "Make Your Own Baby Wipes!" I was even more excited when I saw how easy it was. Baby wipes are expensive. So far we have been lucky enough that we have not had to buy baby wipes yet... but we were on our last box of wipes left from the baby shower. That made this a perfect time to try this pin!
To make these wipes you need:
  • 1 roll of paper towels (use the good ones, the cheap wipes will disintegrate)
  • 1 cup of water
  • 1 tablespoon baby wash
  • 1/2 tablespoon baby oil
  • knife (big one, like scary big!)
  • container
  • measuring cup
  • cutting board
 The first step is to cut the roll of paper towels in half. I was a little nervous about this part (I hate using big knives) but it was actually a lot easier than I thought. 
 Then, take one of the 1/2 rolls of paper towels and tear the pieces off the roll. Fold each piece in half so they will fit in the container. This is the most tedious part of this whole process. (I did it while watching the Bachelorette!) Put the folded paper towels in the container. 
 Then, mix 1 cup of water, 1 tablespoon of baby wash, and 1/2 tablespoon of baby oil together. Pour the mixture over the paper towels. It smells so good!
 Close the lid and let the paper towels soak for 10 minutes. Then, turn the pile of paper towels over and let them sit for another 10 minutes. That's it! Super easy, huh? I transferred mine to an old baby wipes container that I had saved. 
Making these wipes will save you a ton of money and doesn't contain all the chemicals regular baby wipes do. I looked at the ingredients on a tub of store bought wipes and the only ingredients I may add next time is Lanolin and aloe. Pinterest Success! 


No comments:

Post a Comment